Monday, March 12, 2012

How Do You Women Do It?

Pick out purses, I mean?

Beyond the obvious looking for the most expensive one, where men would typically go for the cheapest one that got the job done...

Which orange is more "Springy?"
So recently, while shopping with Mrs. Mynd, we came upon a sale on purses. I didn't need one, but apparently the change of seasons signals all women to exchange a perfectly working purse for another. I likened it to a guy's wallet, but apparently since we don't wear them outside our pocket it isn't the same. Who knew? So apparently color is a huge factor in this decision, and I can imagine that this could be taken to an extreme by women with far more means that Mrs. Mynd.

There are a myriad of styles that are in play. Some look like a little tool bag and those are I believe called a clutch, which is nothing like BEING clutch. They make these bags that look like soft Easter baskets. There also bags that look like two pieces of cloth sewed together and unless you're storing a few sheets of paper, you're going to have a bulge. There are also bags that look like little mini backpacks.

Pretty sure
Eiffel Tower is in there!

Size is important to a girl. Depending upon if she is a pack rat like the Ally Sheedy character in Breakfast Club, your girl may need to carry their world and still have room for some serious kleptomaniacal finds.














This would be my bag, if I had a bag...



 

 

I will end by saying I am the luckiest man in the world, because Mrs. Mynd is the type who says things like..."I wouldn't pay that much for a purse" or "it would have to be a really good sale." She is incredibly frugal to the point of sometimes not treating herself to something that is a deal, just not a good enough deal. That is where I like to be the hero and demand she do it anyway.

 

17 comments:

  1. Tell her I think she should pick the really orange purse on the right.  It seems more "springy" to me. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair to use hindsight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm not a real woman then...sigh.  When I shop for a purse I have only two criteria.  Will it fit in my backpack, doubling as a wallet AND will my cell phone and keys fit in it.  That's it. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant no such slight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something I never quite understood, either.

    There is a Coach Purses outlet in Atlantic City, and they always have fantastic deals.  So let me know if Mrs. Mynd wants me to pick her up something.  Although, she would have to be very specific, because I can't tell one from another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Mynd is too awesome for Coach or any brand that is expensive by its name alone. One of the many reasons I married her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know; the original reply just seemed to write itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So long as nobody gets offended at my humor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashleigh UnderwoodMarch 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

    You've officially made me feel bad about having my husband with me when I've gone purse shopping. I'm not that crazy though, my only criteria is size. I usually sick to black or brown for color just so it matches everything. I just tend to buy purses that are the size of small luggage. My friends call me Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You shouldn't feel bad Ashleigh, just feel lucky to have that guy. Mary Poppins, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So this is the exact reason I refuse to take my boyfriend shopping with me EVER! Unless we are on a specific trip focused only on his personal clothing needs, he is not invited nor welcomed on the adventures of the Three Musketeers! 

    Purses are critical fashion statements directly behind shoes, and equal to jewelry. 

    Just accept it, smile and nod... Smile and nod boys smile and nod! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penguins of Madagascar reference, wicked nice!

    I don't pretend to understand, it just seems so taxing, but I will admit to not getting the shoe thing either (my Man Card takes a ding, but I have probably a dozen shoes which seems high and I get giddy when I catch a clearance on some sneaks).

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, I will not sleep in the not knowing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, just read this one. I carry one bag (brown or black) until it falls apart. My mother, years ago, got in the habit of buying me a new purse for christmas because she knew I don't buy them. I don't like throwing all my stuff into a different bag everytime my wardrobe changes. Senseless Now shoes on the other hand are different. You men have 2 kinds of outfits, pants and shorts. Women have dresses and slacks (casual, business and formal) both of which require different style shoes not to mention caprice and shorts. Now summer is just a fun time to wear lots of different sandles and flip flops for when you wash the car and I could go on. SO you see women NEED SHOES.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and I forgot to mention workout shoes and running shoes, you need at least 2 different style tennis shoes for that. See where I'm going with this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not quite Imelda Marcos, but I have a few pairs of shoes myself. Mostly sneaks, but more than most guys probably.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read