Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Reality of Reality TV

My fellow blogger and buddy Youngman Brown recently posted about his love of The Bachelor and his understanding of its affect on his Man Card.

 

I don't get it. Not even a little bit. I'm waiting for the day that they come out with a reality show about reality shows.

Announcer Voice:

...Trapped in a house, 20 contestants will be forced to watch reality TV like American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelor, Survivor, The Voice, and Jersey Shore.

 

Contestants that fall asleep will be forced to watch Jerry Springer or be removed from the house. Points are taken away for any cursing or questioning of said shows.

 

Contestants who are removed from the house can bid with fellow removees on getting back in the house, they will bid on a TLC and A&E reality show and the number of hours that they will watch it straight to remain in the reality house. Shows such as Hoarders, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, or Monster In-Laws on A&E as well as My 600lb Life, 19 Kids and Counting, and Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC are just some of the shows contestants can bid to watch to stay on the show.

 

So do I have a hit?

 

17 comments:

  1. justkeepinitrealfolksMarch 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

    I would SO win that show because I watch a good many of those reality shows you mentioned. Sad, but true. My 600 lb life is fascinating!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost that lovin' feelin' for you Deb, just a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of reality t.v. shows (with the possible exception of Top Gear), but we have a mutual friend who loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got into the reality shows either.  Till I saw Face Off.  I don't like the drama in the house, but I love watching the contestants work with the makeup to meet the weekly challenge.  Some of them are so creative!  Last season's winner got to work with one of the judges this year on the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, there are 'drama' reality and 'useful' reality. One might say that sports on tv is "reality"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought of all the shows obviously. There are some where there is far too much drama... Even NY Ink, was that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I have a feeling I would win that show b/c I watch a lot of the ones listed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting that a lot... I still don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely win that show... although I must say that many of them get old after a few seasons, as they simply reuse many of the same ideas, concepts, and drama.

    Big Brother is my favorite, by far, and it never gets old.

    Oh and did you know that the Man Card post was the first I read on your blog, and have been following you since?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally forgot Big Brother!

    I didn't realize when you started, but you're definitely a 'long time listener.'

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have a hit...and I want to be a contestant because I would win. I love reality TV with, coincidentally, the exception of any and all Bachelor, Bachelorette programs and anything havung anything to do with a Hilton or Kardashian. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a hit in my book, but might I suggest that you add Dance Moms to the main list of shows that have to be watched? That show is cray-cray!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winner winner chicken dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someone was recently writing about Dance Moms... So that isn't punishment for you then?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wasn't even thinking about sports as reality tv.  He also enjoys a lot of actual reality tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think on such a show the winner would the last person left alive at then end of the show, but that is only because reality shows hold no interest for me at all. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. That just might have been the aim...

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read