Saturday, March 10, 2012

Even Mark Rypien Won a Super Bowl!

Who?

Exactly!

He was the XXVI Super Bowl MVP and even the die hard football fans are saying "which one was that?" As the furiously fast-paced eugoogling begins, I will help you out. From the picture on the right, you'll guess that he played for the Washington Redskins.

He was the MVP for the 37-20 Redskins victory over the Buffalo Bills, this despite Gerald Riggs having 2 touchdowns on the ground.

He was also the first and only Super Bowl MVP born in Canada.

His daughter plays in the Lingerie Football League.

So, why am I telling you all this random stuff about a guy you've never heard of or barely remember because even his most stellar achievement was cloaked in invisibility and likely altered by Canadien voters?

I'VE WON ANOTHER AWARD!!!

 

Clearly prettier than most awards the Kreativ Blogger award carries with it some rules. I am required by blogger law to openly and publicly accept this award with due thanks to the blogger who bestowed it upon me. But I'm not going to do that, because I am truly thankful to Deb of Just Keepin It Real, Folks! who is an awesomely funny and creative writer in her own write (fun with words is just one of the services I offer) and I look forward to a nice chuckle whenever she posts, with chuckling being the low laugh on the scale of my reactions to her posts. In fact, I think the chuckle was for the post about the obituary for the dead kittens. Normally she is laugh out loud, dare I say guffaw...funny.

 

The rules say I have to tell you 10 random things about myself:

1. I'm impressively good at random things, because I am a lifelong member of the ADHD Club for Men.

2. I know the meaning of the word ironic. Knowing this often means not being able to use it in my blog.

3. My football team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. No, I don't own them, but they own me. Since I was 10.

4. My favorite classical music piece is Rachmaninov's 3rd Piano Concerto and I can rap all of Ice Ice Baby.

5. I'm too social to fit in with the IT Developers, but too logical for most people.

6. I have no faith in people who feel the need to quote me their credentials.

7. I should have failed the 12th grade, but despite my complete lack of effort and hideous grades in History and Humanities, I scored among the top 5 on two final exams which convinced my instructors that they may have actually taught me something despite my efforts to the contrary. They allowed me to take equivalent courses at the local community college to graduate. I had intended to go to college, yet I finished with a 4.0.

8. I had a reef tank for 3 years and I miss it's beauty, but I don't miss the constant stress of some sort of system crash.

9. I don't miss my hair.

10. I often have entire conversations in my head, much to the consternation of my wife and others.

11. I like to rebel in small ways.

 

Finally, I have the glorious responsibility to pass along the award to 6 other deserving blogs, which proves to be difficult because often the circles in which we turn are linked and my nominees are also nominated by others, so this becomes almost like a game of hot potato where you hope you are not the last blog to be picked like the glasses wearing kid in the wheelchair on the basketball court at recess.

Unlike the Liebster award, there don't appear to be any caveats as to the size of the blog or it's following that limits me in my nominations. So finally I can invite some of the pretty girls to the prom, knowing that they are jut sitting at home waiting for me to do so because everyone thinks they are out of reach and thus do not ask them....it's true just ask my parents who told me this all the time. I will end each praise in much the same way that fortune cookies should always be read with "in bed" on the end with "but in a good way."

 

1. Good Youngman Brown - we've recently found each other's blogs and I gotta say that he is almost as warped as I am, but in a good way.

 

2. "Jen" e Sais Quoi - wickedly clever, I am waiting for her first book entitled, how I think up the comparisons I do on my blog. She is often making me laugh in the same way that Bloggess does, and like the Bloggess she curses a lot in her blog, but in a good way.

 

3. Fearless Fibro Warrior - a modern day hipster sporting a new nose ring, oh, like I can talk being in my forties and recently getting tattoos. She gives a humorous recounting of all the woes of being a sufferer of Lyme disease. Did I mention she is sick, but in a good way.

 

4. Telling Dad - I love reading TD. He experiences the same things I seem to be going through including competing with his past blogs to always be better and funnier as well as not wanting to disappoint his readers with something less than they expect. I feel quite at peace knowing we were separated at birth, but in a good way.

 

5. Thoughts From Paris - Delfin is an awesome writer whom I caught while engaging in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. He has continued an incredible streak of consecutive days posting to his blog. He loves it when you tell him looks like Jake Busey. I try not to picture him bathing, but he keeps taking pictures, but in a good way.

 

6. Swinging Like a Rusty Gate - I love Rusty's insight and humor. He has a promising career blooming as Stand Up comedian. He also happens to live in Australia. He is color blind, but in a good way.

 

I hope that if you haven't given some of these blogs a chance, you'll take my recommendation and run with it straight to their blog...don't worry, I'll be sitting here waiting for you to come back.

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats!  You are now far superior to Susan Lucci because you won twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. justkeepinitrealfolksMarch 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    MMMMMMWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That was my big wet kiss. You can wipe it off now. Congrats to you. I'm SO with you on #6!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #12 I have a deep love of explaining foreign lipstick stains, well, it would have to happen first..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You like me, you really like me!"

    Maybe I will figure out how to bedazzle the award, and attach it to my nose ring-you can get a tribal arm band tattoo with the award intermingled.

    You forgot to warn everyone about my habit of swearing prolifically. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, everyone seems to swear despite my best efforts... It doesn't bother me, if they can't tolerate it, fuzz 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :O

    I am not worthy of your generous comments. Except for the Australian and colour blind bit, you can reveal facts as much as you like :p

    Thank you, and well done on your own achievements, because this never would have happened to me if it didn't happen to you first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite being a color blind Aussie, you're reasonably funny mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grats Mr. Mynd!  Soon you'll have more trophies in your proverbial case than both Manning brothers combined!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that guy one of my favorite players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, dude, thanks a lot!

    Also, thanks for teaching me about another Super Bowl winning quarterback... Maybe my Eagles will eventually get one of them in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, they do have the Oreo team thing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really? He's a slightly dimmer blip in the Football radar than Doug Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eagles huh? They couldn't gell all that talent last year. I wonder how many people googled his daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoot! Whoot! Your Comments section likes me again!  Thanks for the shout-out, Scott.  This shit makes me giddier than an Asian teen in a Hello Kitty store.  Much love, my brother.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Much deserved. The Liebster was for people with under 200 followers and I gotta think despite the craptastic GFC, yours is above that. (else I would have passed that one on to ya)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read