Saturday, February 4, 2012

100: I Wanna Be Quoted Like the Bible

100 Posts! Aided dramatically by the Ultimate Blog Challenge, I have come to this, my 100th post. Trips.

I thought about calling this 100: the one with all the babies, but Friends already did that one where Phoebe has her brother's triplets, while Joey gives birth to kidney stones. Meanwhile, Rachel is trying to pick up two doctors for she and Monica, but Monica has begun exploring all that is Chandler, and forgetting her coat...twice!

Anyway...

The Century mark came faster than I thought it would.  I often wish I had started numbering my blogs. (it would have made counting them quite a bit easier) with a little over 3600 views of said 99 posts (many of which were actually English speaking) I feel like the blog hasn't been an utter waste of time. As you know if you read back to the beginning, I started this when I had some bouts of insomnia and the weird thoughts that make me what I am crept out onto the virtual paper.

In the internet age, how hard is it going to have to be to be quoted like Nietzsche or Freud or Martin Luther King Jr.? I mean, people these days are far more likely to quote Bart Simpson, Arnold or Jackie Chan. I want to be quoted more than the sum of all those people...I want to be quoted like the Bible.

How cool would it be if someone said something like... how do you feel about 1 WilyGuy 7:15? Was the red letter over the top?

I mean, I'm not a fisherman or a carpenter, Angels probably sang at my birth, but there wasn't anything divine about it.  Nobody follows me around capturing my every word, that I know of...

I talk to Jesus, but not in the "Hey, that was a great catch last night, thanks for walking on the water" kind of way.  Ok, maybe I do, but that's between me and the Big Guy.

Overall, I haven't been extraordinary or lived an extraordinary life, yet.  When I do, you'll know it.

I want to have someone holding up a sign behind the backboard of the Final Four or in the end zone at the Super Bowl that says "It's MY mind!"


Yeah, like this! Only less Photoshoppy.

I suppose I should get around to saying something clever and earth shattering.  Perhaps I will just leave you with some famous quotes that I like, by no means an exhaustive or comprehensive list:

  • All the efforts of the human mind cannot exhaust the essence of a single fly. - Thomas Aquinas
  • Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men. - Abraham Lincoln
  • If it bleeds, we can kill it. - Arnold Schwarzenegger character from Predator.
  • Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. - Carl Jung
  • Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise - Sigmund Freud
  • Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent. - Friedrich Nietzsche

10 comments:

  1. congrats on your 100th post.  sometime this month I will hit 1000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure you deserve a smack to the back of the head for that last quote, Mr. Mynd.  Consider this your virtual equivalent {SMACK!} until I see you in person again.  Anywho, congrats on your 100th post, it shouldn't have been that hard to count them since blogspot tracks how many you write each year.  All you had to do was add two numbers, but if you find it more fulfilling to count them digitally ("you see what I did there" - a Mr. Mynd quote) knock yourself out.

    Quotes I like:
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mynd the most." -Ozzy Osbourne

    There may be a spelling mistake in that last quote, not quite sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. justkeepinitrealfolksFebruary 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

    Congrats on such a milestone!!! Keep those posts comin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I meant it in a nice way Elaine! :)

    Great additional quotes. I can say I had heard the first, but did not know to whom to attribute it. And Ozzy... poor Ozzy. That's why I keep decapitated pigeons out of my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Claire and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 100!

    BTW, I think Arnold's character in Predator was called Dutch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that is correct... you win the grand prize!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read