Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So Long (and Thanks for All the Fish)

Ultimate Blog Challenge, you've come into my life, challenged me, and sucked the marrow of my imagination almost dry.

You've kept me up nights and awakened me early the next day.

You've introduced me to writers block and to other writers similarly fixed on a goal that seemed daunting.

You were the 10K that I felt I was prepared to run, only to realize that a pre-race six pack was not true "preparation."

I didn't realize how hard 31 posts in 31 days would be. I didn't realize how hard it would be to stay cerebrally weird and insightful for 31 straight days. I can only hope that I made my mark for half of those.

So, at the end of this challenge, would I recommend it? 

Absolutely! Over the course of this month, I have discovered that I am up to the challenge, even managing a post while sick in bed. I got some interesting topics emailed to me that will form a basis for similar ideas in the future. I made lots of new friends and some of them were even talented writers, lol. My readership increased over the course of the challenge and I'm sure that many of my new readers will continue to read and share my words.

 Signed, the Dolphins 

(not the one that make you cry in the Hootie song)

((well, I guess they could be the ones))

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for making it through all 31 days of the challenge! (especially because you could have thrown in the towel when you got sick during week three, but you persevered)  This doesn't mean you're going to stop writing for a while, does it?  Keep it coming, Mr. Mynd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait. I'm going poetic tomorrow at 10am....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I did it last November, but I missed a couple days. We are going too chalk those days up to Fibro Fog, she never speak of it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Scott! Well done! And I like the new header of this blog---very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan, it took a lot longer than I thought to get it right. Not a graphics guy.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read