Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Don't Use Primer...

Conversation today in the bathroom:

Mrs. Mynd: I want to check Bare Escentuals website this weekend, there's supposed to be a sale.

Me: I thought you got your stuff on QVC?

Mrs: Normally I do, because they sell sets of stuff and you can get good deals, but the sale may be better.

Me: Ok. I'm looking at the site now, what am I looking for?

Mrs: I need foundation.

Me: I see foundation and foundation primer packaged together.

Mrs: I don't use primer.

It's clear there is a lot I don't know about women and I'm more honest about it every day.  I had no idea that there was primer for women?  I don't admit to being a "car guy" but am aware of the "color" primer because I used to think it looked really nice and there was never an issue with keeping a car shiny.  The purpose of "primer" is to prepare the metal for the paint that is going to be applied.  I guess it keeps it from falling off the car, but for the life of me I have no idea what keeps the primer on the car. Is it like duct tape that is doubled up? Perhaps it is more like double-sided sandpaper? Cat with buttered toast on its back?

I would never insert horrible male comments about makeup being painted on, nor would I discuss it like it was some candy coating that had to dry and be buffed to a high shine.  Almost certainly I wouldn't talk about the solvents required to remove said paint...but it is taking everything I have not to run far far away with "primer."

I want to believe I am doing fairly well raising my boys to understand a little more about women.  A conversation replayed to me by Mrs. Mynd that she had with Shaggy...

Shaggy: with your makeup, you can't see any of your wrinkles.

Mrs: ::glare::

Shaggy: I mean, I see why you wear it.  It's magic...you look much younger, like 30.

Mrs: you can go now.

Clearly, I have work to do.

 

All references to Bare Escentuals are my opinions, which could change if they call me and want an official review, and to pay me of course.

8 comments:

  1. Very good, and seems like you probably need lots more practice and even then you won't get it right.  One of the things I was impressed with was that you recognised *glare*, my husband won't, and is often heard to say, "Is that glare?", knowing full well that it is ;-)

    I have only  just come across your blog via BlogBoost, so will have a look around. With a name like yours, I am expecting some interesting stuff.
    Bon continution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you should definitely read "I Was Jung Once" lol. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott,

    At least you are trying!  My husband is also great at making an effort to get our two boys to understand women better, even teaching them to put the toilet seat down (but that's a work in progress).  I willingly admit that is an uphill battle.  One worth fighting though!  You know what they say, "A happy wife means a happy life." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the last bit...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a MAN, Scott! Sheeeeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. justkeepinitrealfolksJanuary 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

    As the only woman in my house, my husband and 2 boys just know there are certain things they ain't NEVAH gonna understand and there are things I don't even want to understand about men. Ya just gotta roll with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! Thanks for the comment, hope you enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read