Thursday, November 10, 2011

Paying the don't call me tax


OMG! Public Service Announcement (mine works of course, provided you read it and pass it along)

Go here : http://www.donotcall.gov and register your cell phone, I will wait... (and work out on my Ellipsisical)

Apparently they were serious about letting telemarketers use cellular numbers to cold call. Since Tuesday when apparently my number dropped onto the grid, I have received an obscene number of calls that shockingly leave no voicemail. 18 calls from various numbers.

I shouldn't feel like this with my mobile!
 
From the Do Not Call question area (run by the FTC):
Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.
I'm not buying this, just like I'm not buying what the callers are selling. I'm sure they (insidious telemarketers) have enlisted illegal immigrants to call me for slave wages. Who do I have to pay to not get these calls? Is this one of those Anti-Virus companies that make internet born viruses things? Clearly the bad lobbyists who represent the telemarketers are louder than the lobbyists who represent "we the people." I'm not a pay-more-taxes kind of guy, but at the rate these calls are arriving and during work hours, I'm ready to pay the "don't call me" tax.

So as part of the service I am offering today is that I will be dropping those numbers into my blog as if they are lucky lottery numbers. I hope that like me you will give them out as your own number when applying for credit cards or answering online surveys.

778-098-76 - British Columbia, Canada - where apparently they don't know how many digits to have.
775-969-8476 NV, USA
666-042-2375 (unknown) - Devil calling
800-528-7891 - unknown
662-278-0610 - 123wages.com

If I can just get them to call each other, that would be the bestest goal to have in life.

I WILL SELL YOU MY STUFF!!!!


I CAN'T HEAR YOU, SO YOU MUST BUY MY STUFF!
YOU WILL HEAR ME IN YOUR MIND AND YOU WILL BUY MY STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read