Thursday, November 10, 2011

NFL Week 10 Picks

NFL Snarkiness on its way...

First the Results from last week
Week 9 Results
LOSE! 14. Mia @ KC - Anyone picking Miami at this point is past crazy, give me the Chiefs at home.
WIN! 13. STL @ ARI - They've almost beaten the Steelers and Ravens on back to back weeks and you can run on the Rams, give me the Cards
WIN! 12. GB @ SD - This should have been rock meeting hard place, but it is Best Pass Offense meets second to worst Pass Defense, Green Bay all over them.
WIN! 11. CLE @ HOU - Andre Johnson may be back, but you can run on the Brownies, give me the Texans
WIN! 10. SF @ WAS - Beck isn't hot-cold, he's just COLD, give me the 49ers
WIN! 9. ATL @ IND - Colts aren't beating anyone right now, Falcons
WIN! 8. SEA @ DAL - Dallas is starting to play fairly well and nobody is scared of Seattle, Cowboys
WIN! 7. TB @ NO - Tampa is rested and watched what the Rams did to the Saints, I don't care give me the Saints.
LOSE! 6. CHI @ PHI - Philly is getting back to winning and Cutler is getting back to Whining, Iggles
LOSE! 5. CIN @ TEN - Chris Johnson has to go off at some point, right? I like Titans here but I can't explain why.
LOSE! 4. NYG @ NE - They're mad and they will RUN against the Giants, give me the Patsies!
LOSE! 3. NYJ @ BUF - Forget Revis Island, you can run on the Jets, I like the Bills.
WIN! 2. DEN @ OAK - Denver faces the porous OAK Defense (no longer on the tribute to Al Davis march), I think Orton or Quinn comes in and wins this one.
LOSE! 1. BAL @ PIT - Too many Steelers banged up on D, this could be a shootout, Steelers but only because I am a homer.

So that's 8-6 with 72 out of 105 possible points

I love watching football and I know some of you do too. Some of you may even have a office pool pick 'em game at work. I decided to prognosticate the games as well as rank them from 14 to 1, or most probable to downright stupid. I hope you enjoy this TV timeout from my Mind!

Week 10 Picks

This should be a really competitive week, so all the picks seem to be difficult

16. MIN @ GB - In the frozen tundra, against a rookie, yeah Packers all day.
15. BAL @ SEA - This won't be close! Ravens.
14. OAK @SD - San Diego put up 38 on Green Bay, look for the same here. Bolts.
13. BUF @ DAL - Buffalo defense is a turnover party and Romo likes to party. Gimme the Bills
12. PIT @ CIN - the "Ginger Tiger" is a puddy-tat and that cat will be out of the bag and into the sack. Steelers
11. NO @ ATL - the mystery isn't around Matt Ryan this year, Saints.
10. WAS @ MIA - in a rematch of a Super Bowl too long ago, the Dolphins kicker will again throw a pick 6. Probably not but the Redskins will use Beck's knowledge of the Miami climate to win. Redskins
9. DEN @ KC - don't fool yourself, Denver wasn't that good and KC wasn't that bad. Chiefs are tough at home. Chiefs
8. HOU @ TB - Texans have a better D, more mature QB. Go Texans.
7. NE @ NYJ - Too bad the Jets can't really throw. Tom terrific can't lose 3 straight can he? Patsies
6. TEN @ CAR - I will go Titans again, since CJ2K could actually have a nice game, Titans
5. STL @ CLE - I gotta say I don't care, but I gotta pick one so... Browns
4. JAC @ IND - I like the Colts pass rush to force some mistakes. Colts
3. ARI @ PHI - ok, Chicago gifted the Eagles some points else they'd lost big. In Philly, Eagles win.
2. DET @ CHI - I was writing off the Bears, that's right Lovie Smith I did! Bears in the Windy City.
1. NYG @ SF -You can't spell Elite without Eli... you also can't spell Delicious, Elipsis, or Helicopter without Eli. I don't think he is any of them. Fortunately I can only spell Smithsonian with Alex Smith's name. Giants.

Feel free to leave yours so we can laugh at each other

5 comments:

  1. As always, my picks are on my latest entry on  my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore ellipsis and so do my children...but what is this "football" you keep referring to????
    Very nice stuff...how about an add-on to my blog roll, Mister?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were on the "Reading List," and you probably looked at the BBF list, which is where I put all the people I know who are writing a blog. They may not always be my thing, but I gotta give 'em creds.

    Of course, my buddy Jay kicks blogging butt, but needs to learn to leave his blog URL... http://jaysramblings.blogspot.com

    Don't tell him I said that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a reciprocal roll call missee?

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read