Monday, March 4, 2013

Take Time Every Day to Laugh, to Think, to Cry

I was out of material this week, so I decided to do something unique.

Watch This :


1 in 4...Wow!

How many people are in your family?

There are 4 in my birth family.

There are 5 in my married family.

What can you give?

Let me ask that in a different way...what WOULD you give to save someone in your family?

This is the 20th anniversary of the famous Jimmy V speech at the ESPY Awards in 1993. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Jimmy V foundation.  Jim didn't make it back to the ESPYs as he wanted to, he passed 8 weeks later to bone cancer.  How inspired were you when he said "Take time every day to laugh, to think, to cry?"

Go here : http://www.jimmyv.org/ and click Donate Now.


Give $20, $50, $100 now, so hopefully you won't have to say 
"I'd give everything I have just to have them back!"

6 comments:

  1. There isn't anything I wouldn't give up to save someone in my family. But it is interesting what people will give up as you start to move further out into their friendship circles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son just spent $2000. to save his cat of eight years. The cat didn't make it, but to our son he was family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I count all of them, steps and bios... I have 7 sisters and 4 brothers. Only 6 of the 12 of us grew up together. Honesty time? I'd give up almost anything to save the 5 I grew up with. The same can be said for my kids, nieces, and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's MY Mind!" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/03/sites-to-see_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that Jimmy V speech a few times...my husband can't watch it without crying. Wonderful gesture to post that today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read