Thursday, March 21, 2013

Alright, Scott! Collaborate and Listen

Ok, this week, I'm teaming up with Dude Write and Bytestories to tell an embarrassing story. Though I'm often up for anything, I do embarrass easily, so this tale will hopefully fit the bill. I have to tell a real life story with a mere 1500 characters...yeah spaces count...starting now. Props to my boss for making the story happen and inadvertently supplying the title.

 

A hastily called meeting in the shop, it wasn't as if THAT never happened. The day was severely busy and I didn't really have time for a meeting. As the team assembled, I settled into one of the free chairs floating around. The gang was all here, save for the boss.

I looked up as the movement in the door caught my eye and to my surprise, one of our non-IT colleagues walked into the office. She was a friend, one whose birthday I had honored earlier with some lunch. More unusual than her entrance was another of the ladies from down the hall, followed by one of our Sales managers.

Finally the boss brought up the rear of the convoy. Weird assembly of people for a, wait a min...

"So, today is Deanna's birthday and she has a request..." was all I needed to hear.

Of course, he'd been humming it earlier. Retribution and revenge would be mine for this...

"Dum-dum-dum-da-da-dum-dum, Dum-dum-dum-da-da-dum-dum.." like some distant yet not so far away tribal drum beats. Slowly, more people began to play along as I sat in my completely unfortunate state of sobriety.

There was simply no escaping this moment, a moment to give a friend a gift, yet fighting the embarrassment, "Alright STOP..." I yelled.

 

"Collaborate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention. Something, grabs ahold of me tightly, flow like a harpoon daily and nightly. Will it ever stop, yo I don't know. Turn off the lights..."

Seriously, are y'all recording me right now?

Thankfully, I was saved by a hug from a friend.

 

30 comments:

  1. Loved Vanilla Ice and sounds like you did him justice and real solid for your friend's birthday!! Thanks for linking up with us again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I read Kate's and thought the theme was "songs you are embarrassed to say you like"

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at your post title. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries and I actually thought it was something you did when you were slightly bored. Seriously so funny and worth the mixup!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew it was "like a harpoon daily and nightly," but I rapped the remainder of the verse. This song didn't make my top 10, but it's definitely on my top 486 - it's even on my ipod right now. Great title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've loved to have been there, dude. Laughing at people's misery is, well,fun :D I have never been forced to rap anything, but occasionally to make speeches, which is somehow on the same level!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Sounds like you were put right on the spot. Your friend didn't upload the video of you singing then...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm somewhat renowned in my circles for rapping it, but normally alcohol is involved more heavily.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, speeches don't actually bother me. I envision people in their underwear...but only the sexy people.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprisingly neither was expecting me to actually do it and they got caught up in the beats...or so they say.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie SprengerMarch 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM

    That is so awesome. And I think it's hilarious that after reading Kate's post you thought the theme was songs you were embarrassed to admit you like. Hey, maybe that *should* be the theme. Like, soon. And who didn't love that early 90s anthem? Anyone who says they don't love it is lying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So they made you do a solo Ice Ice Baby? Rubber chickens don't sound so bad now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I read through the comments, because I couldn't figure out how this tied into finish the sentence - now I get it. But why no video? That would have gone viral!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both swear they hadn't hit the button. My guess is I broke their camera phones.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't to wait to read yours if there are rubber chickens...


    WG

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know, right! (I actually hate saying that...have a whole post on it)
    Yeah, I missed the theme, but they told me to stay.


    WG

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure there is a video somewhere... But it won't surface until you're running for office.

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best. Present. Ever. Will you come to my party next year?

    Thanks for sharing on FTSF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're probably right. Or when they need something, always need something from the IT Guy.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  20. That might depend upon where that Party is... Duluth...no, Vegas, wait Cancun! YES!

    Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds like it might have been fun for someone! I am visiting with FTSF blog hop. I followed you on GFC.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by...


    WG

    ReplyDelete
  23. Took me a minute to figure out but now that I get it, I want to see the video, too! Ice Ice Baby! love it! visiting from FTSF

    ReplyDelete
  24. What did you do to deserve this? Maybe that should be your next post Ice?

    Visiting from FTSF www.breaktheparentingmold.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha, I don't know. I've come to find out that the lady didn't actually request it...all the brain held of my boss!

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  26. It has been decided that I have to break it all out at a karaoke night. It's on my bucket list, so I will be sure to get video.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'll post my tenth grade picture if you post a video :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's worth a replay JUST to see that much protected photo...

    You should prepare it for upload.

    Oh, and I haven't forgotten your request for Linkin Park....


    WG

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read