Friday, February 1, 2013

100 Word Song - Strength

He sat there on the curb in the back alley, sobbing. How had he screwed up his priorities this badly?

All of his hard work, the relationships put on hold, the ridiculous dieting...what was it all for? His admiration for the chicken breast was gone, he wanted a beer or seven. He'd probably spent more time in a tanning bed than his own bed, let alone his girlfriend's bed. The last year was a blur.

He startled at the voice behind him, "Hey Steve, they're getting ready to start the awards. Second place in Mr. Universe is a great achievement!"

This is my entry in the 100 Word Song. This week Lance has teamed up with DudeWrite to bring us a unique competition featuring a short, exactly 100 word piece of writing inspired by a song. The song chosen is Strength, by The Alarm.

 

13 comments:

  1. Awesome prompt, and beatnik snaps for your lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B!

    You thinking about 100 words of your own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking, yes. Am I good at things like this? Not so much. There's a reason I go into hiding when it's flash fiction time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write a clever poem, perhaps?

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done prompt. The ending adds flair for the words leading up to it. It's sweet that you stumbled into my blog, so I could follow the breadcrumbs back into yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, so often we find others through interesting link-ups. Glad you followed the crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, luxury problems? Nicely done, I am hoping to chip in later today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh...do I ever know the sacrifice it takes to be runner up :)
    Very good. Like a gut check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love when I get to glimpse a world I know nothing about, even if it's only 100 words. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Rene. This wasn't from personal experience literally, though I've finished second in a few things. Glad I captured the essence for you.
    WG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by.

    WG

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read