Friday, October 19, 2012

100 Word Song - Falling to Pieces

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

Blogger note: this post was written for a challenge at Lance Burson's blog lancemyblogcanbeatupyourblog where entrants listen to a song and write exactly 100 words in response.

Here is my entry to Faith No More's Falling to Pieces.

 

"Woman trouble?" the guy behind the counter asked.

"You don't know the half of it," was all he could come up with.

"I see guys with wild stories all the time, in the end you all always come to me."

Three dozen roses should send the right message, he thought. So many decisions to make, he had to win her heart. He'd had it ever so briefly. His wife was going to be pissed. His daughter was not going to understand. Too many women were going to be unhappy and it was all his fault.

His brother's wife was pregnant.

 

12 comments:

  1. The conclusion here is clear--this isn't just a song, it's a soap opera. I think you handled the challenge very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great, and by great I mean bloody awesome............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! Won't that make for an interesting family dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would not want to be him. Ever.
    Nice take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chubby! My first foray into 100 words. First there were too many, then too few. Getting exact isn't as hard as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. High praise, and I mean Bloody High Praise! Thanks Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That and mapping the family tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Eric! 100 words is easy when you aren't trying to write a song :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I should say his wife was going to be pissed. Also, probably his brother. This one is going to get ugly methinks. I love how the punchline comes in at the very last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jessie. I was trying for a build up.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read