Saturday, May 26, 2012

Orange You Glad I Said Creamsicle?

The Year was 1976, or so my leaky remembrance begins...

I had a beautiful crush on my neighbor...

Ok, It was my neighbor's mom...

OK, REALLY it was my neighbor's mom's Creamsicles. (that isn't code for something you perverts)

And thus, my neighbor's mom and thus her son who I played with regularly, and not just to get the creamsicles.

I'm not sure what it is about the Creamsicle that made my heart go pitter-patter.


  • Perhaps it was the forbidden love, as this was not a snack that my parents would purchase for us. Would I feel this way about all ice cream snacks?
  • Perhaps it was the mom whose love was obvious in her purchase for her son. (this was the same lady who told us she was making "bee soup" and needed us to go catch some...in our hands)
  • It could simply be orangiliciousness of the creamsicle.
If you are like me, I have some really good news...







INTRODUCING!!!!

Arby's has a new Orange Cream Shake!

Oh! Man! You gotta get some of this glorious goodness. Because it is only around for a limited time, you should take that as a sign from the heavens to lay all diets and intolerances for lactose aside and enjoy one each day (twice on Sunday, mostly because Chick-fil-A is closed)

Now, before you get to thinking that I just have an audacious love of the orange and all it is about, ok in fairness I have been known to consume a Dunkin' Donuts Tropicana Coolata, I digress.

 

Not all things Orange are groovy.
This is AirBorne Formula - in Zesty Orange. Yeah, the stuff you take when you don't want to get sick, or are boarding an airplane, or when there are no oranges left in the entire country.

It is less than delicious. It is a bit gritty and forget EVER using whatever cup you used it in. There is a scuzz that is left over that seems to invade every pore of the vessel it is made in. They say that you shouldn't drink soda because it removes battery corrosion, but this stuff IS battery corrosion. You will NEED a coke just to make your stomach right.



What tastes bring back memories of your youth?
(your true youth, not your late teens, I don't want to hear that Captain Morgan tastes the same coming up as going down...)

14 comments:

  1. Grape Kool-Aid (or anything that smells like it) always reminds me of being a kid.  Great, now I feel like drinking grape Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Creamsicles! But I eat them so slowly to enjoy them for the longest time possible that they end up melting and making a mess. Now that I'm a grownup, if I want a Creamsicle, I get the bucket of vanilla ice cream swirled with orange sherbet instead.  Also, bee soup sounds like an awful trick.  Did you actually fall for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, commented with my wrong account. There goes my anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the shake...mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luuuuv orange creamsicles from being a kid too.  And my mom would never buy them either.  I always thought it was because we were just too poor for them, but who can't afford orange creamsicles???

    Sadly, eating them today doesn't recapture the pure sensory joy that I experienced as a kid.  Which makes me wonder if I just had really bad taste as a kid.

    Funny, I also can't seem to recapture the same enjoyment in listening to The Cars Greatest Hits album, now, twenty-some years later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was little, my parents would buy me this red cereal in bag. I am sure it was cheap and horrible for my health, but I've been trying to find this stuff and I haven't had any luck. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok the Creamsicle looks like what we call a Splice..............and yes they are yummy.......the orange cream shake sounds yummy too.............but that other drink sounds like something I have had in the past can't remember what we called it though but do remember it was yuck..............lol When I am sick the only thing I can keep down is Coke.................lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splice huh... If it is dreamsicle good...don't care what it is called.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still more of a fan of the Shamrock Shake or Strawberry shake, but I will definitely try this out as per your request.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will find it as tasty as I do...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I still love creamsicles, are kidding me. They are just as good now as when I was a kid. I'll have to try the shake at Arby's though. IT LOOKS SOO GOOD. God I'm jonzin for one now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good thing you didn't read this at midnight then.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read