Friday, December 28, 2012

REDUX 4: God Doesn't Love Squirrels!

Because I am twisted, over the next 5 days I am going to post the 5 lowest viewed blogs from my 2012 blogs.  (I'm throwing out the YouTubes and the NFL stuff, but all the usual parentheses posts are here.) Chances are there’s at least a few you never saw the first time around. Some for the first time WITH pictures!

Originally posted 1/17/2012.

I can sense that all you ADD infected people came for squirrels and I plan to give 'em to ya, don't worry.  Unfortunately, the atheists have already surfed to the next Facebook page sharing of the ridiculous "Do you guys know how to post videos on Facebook?" dude.  They will surely miss out.

So I've got a fairly ridiculous premise working in my title, yeah? I know your thinker isn't always attuned to my inner monologue, so let me hit you with the verse.


Break it down, Matthew:

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:26 NIV)


What are you saying?  Alfred Hitchcock's million minion march, err flight doesn't have to worry about feeding themselves tomorrow? Clearly that gave them time to conspire to make a spooky movie, but why so mad?  If anyone should be mad, it should be the squirrels... keepers of many nuts in as many stockpiles as possible.


Matthew breaks it down further:

 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. (Matthew 6:19 NIV)

Though I enjoy the twisting and writhing of some when I bring up the "squirrel defense" when the "sparrow" card is played, I know that these verses talk about God's providence. 

In fact, these are some of my favorite verses even if you don't look at them in a biblical perspective:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:19-21 NIV)


Material things can only go so far and can be taken away from you. The ending is the key, your heart follows your treasure, so be careful what you treasure.

What is it that you treasure?

6 comments:

  1. Two thousand blogs is quite an achievement; I've yet to reach three hundred. I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I read this and all I could think was squirrels are cute in a odd way.........yeah I know not the point of the post but hell I don't have anything else so deal...........lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to disappoint, I meant 5 from the past year. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope everyone at the Chatterbox house has a safe and prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness does not make up for God's lack of love. As always, thanks for reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirrels must be little demons...maybe. I don't know. I will have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A certified man o the cloth weighing in, yes this will tie you up in knots.
    WG

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read