Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunshine or STDs

I've been accused of spreading a little sunshine to others through my blogging. This is a huge shift from being accused of spreading Syphilis. Becky over at Just Passing Through thinks I'm special and apparently believes me to be funny enough and responsible enough to know what to do with it. I've began reading Becky after she has began following the Dude Write Project. Crazy hilarious that she thinks I follow rules, but here they are for those who might follow them in the future:

1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.

2. Answer (10) questions about yourself

3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.

4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.

5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.

 

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?

I've always wanted a cool accent. Rusty and Michael have that Aussie thing going that would be fun.

2. What's your theme song?

Weird Al Yankovic's White and Nerdy...I feel a kinship on this one with so many of my favorite bloggers like Youngman Brown and Zannah.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?

I cherish most of my memories, both good and bad for the happiness or lessons that came with them. If I could remove this one, I could have less sweaty nightmares.

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?

I like my generation just fine. I think generations past had some cool stuff. I think the fifties would have been fun with Elvis and Marilyn. I think that the next generation will be tremendous and a bit frightening, Morgan will be in his heyday.

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?

I think probably my first video game which was the Mattel Electronic Football. Too many hours playing against those blips!



6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?

I realize that nobody ever believes this but I actually like doing laundry. It goes from soiled and wrinkled to wet and soapy, then clean and dry, the folding actually let's me get all of my extraordinary retentiveness (retentive mess?) out. It also fits perfectly with watching football with all the breaks in the action. I would say that on the opposite end of this spectrum of love of laundry is Greg and possibly Amie

7. Do you use Twitter?

I prefer Qwitting, but I do tweet a twitter every now and again. I'm not a prolific retweeter or tweeter of responses like Daniel Nest.

8. Any goals?

I want to see Dude Write become a success and great male bloggers get their names out there. One such blogger is Joe. I hope that one day we can have a Dude Write conference and I can meet the Dudes.

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?

Not ALL the time. I enjoy a frozen melon margarita with salt, but I find lots of good ideas from Carri Ellen Brown.

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?

I've had mostly Hondas in my life, like Lainey who teaches my son on her automatic, but the ugliest car I ver drove was a cream colored PT Cruiser while on a business trip.







I'm breaking the rules... I'm not going to alert my winners. As much as I love to have links back to my blog, I'd rather other people tell them or they discover the link themselves. I will tweet it out. If you click on them and feel compelled to comment on their silliness, let them know who sent you.

 

17 comments:

  1. I think I am following most of the people you have given the award to. So how is it that I had no clue Rusty and Michael are Australian? Well this changes everything. Had I known that, I would have hit on them ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An award how cool, good on you now I have to say this Qwitting sounds more like me too although I do tweet from time to time too.............see we are so alike......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, should I congratulate them now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well played Wily Guy, well played. My apologies for my assumption.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.

    Now I feel like I barely know you. You ENJOY doing laundry? Ugh. Just ugh.

    But thanks for the tag, yo! (My attempt at not being white and nerdy, which obviously served the opposite effect).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smooth, I like it.


    Thanks for the shout out mate, it makes my day every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that your ugliest car wasn't the orange t___d!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I threw that qwitting post down before I started using twitter, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, but the Orange Turd was so ugly it was unique and kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I like giving them out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew you'd appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. All Good Becky, hope you enjoyed my take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely hate laundry. Actually, I don't lift much in the way of fingers around here, unless it is the middle one.

    PS thank you for the shout-out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, congrats on the award! Always nice to get one of these!


    And does a link to my blog constitute a nomination? Or did you just want to out me as a compulsive Twitterer? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why thank you, sir! Much appreciated!


    I always do a proper "thank you" mention in a post for these awards, so I promise to get to it eventually. Until then, I add you here:
    http://nest-expressed.com/awards/

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read