Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Which Will Wonderfully Weird-out Wednesday?

So I decided to pick a weird photo or two from the Photo Challenge and dedicate a lot of commentary to it/them.  I look forward to doing this again and am hopeful to receive more photos than I can put in one post.

WINNER!

Can't you help starving children
with the donation of steak?

This is Darlene.

Darlene's village is poor.

Daily life is a struggle for Darlene and her parents.

Most days Darlene is happy to get water and day old bread to eat. But some days Darlene craves more than just bread, she needs meat. Her desperate cries for help having gone unheard for so long, she has had to take matters into her own hands, feet, or fingers.

For the price of, well... a steak, you could help Darlene avoid using her own hand as an ice cream cone. Please help in any way you can.  I have personally worked my butt off and given an arm and a leg to make Darlene's dreams come true, but there are more children like Darlene.

No? How about:

"Little girl finds funny bone best place to place salt for a Tequila shot..."



HONORABLE MENTION!

Listen with your heart
So many of you were spooked by this photo that I almost had to include it.

This was taken using the Photo Booth app on an iPhone.

Imagine if it was closer!









OK! It wasn't a LOT of commentary.  Get over it.  Sheesh!

Guest Poster in for me Friday, stay alive until then my friends!



8 comments:

  1. Well, sorry to dispel the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy arms are yummy.

    Dude, so many things about that ear photo still frighten me.

    It looks like arms.  Little muscular baby arms.

    No.  It looks like a pretzel.

    No.  It looks like fallopian tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Darlene was the zombie in Kamryn's picture. :) And I love the picture of the ear...could be a great social message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks! I love your husband's blog! I think our style is similar (his is more polished)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that... that was what I was going for... I wanted to entitle it, "Things to freak out Youngman Brown" but figured some big legal battle would ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Darlene. I bet her mom is chubby and steals her food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have gone the rest of my life and not heard that one. That's ...just....sad.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

All Time Most Read